My Japanese Journey Part 1

Japanese is definitely one of the most fun languages to learn but it can also be one of the hardest. When I first discovered Japanese(on the radio) I remember making my mother take me to the library so I could take home every book that was about Japan. As a first grader I was very curious and determined, but alas my Japanese journey ended too soon. It wasn't until I got to middle school that I had made some progress when I subscribed to a website. They would send out emails with a Japanese word(lesson) of the day and I would get so excited to open my email and see what I would learn next. I was also listening to Japanese music at this time and I started to wonder what it would be like to one day understand it. I can say today I do understand it (some of it) and its a great feeling!  Now when I listen to those old songs it reminds me of that first step I took and here I am many steps later working on that same goal.
So I want to know where your Japanese journey started!


Also, did anyone else used to write down the lyrics to Japanese songs as a kid because it was way too hard to memorize? Haha

Comments

Popular Posts